The Bloggess uses Shit I Did When I Wasn’t Here for her weekly wrap-up. That’s Church uses Random n’at (on which a photo from my wedding was recently featured, by the way) to include otherwise unrelated topics in the same post. Jive Turkey created a Cheers and Jeers feature to summarize her life in list form. And this bitch LOVES lists.
This is the first time I’ve had the need for a similar gimmick. I want to post an update, but none of my anecdotal or fashion posts are ready for the world. So I’d like to introduce you to my new feature:
I know. I’m sorry. PLEASE DON’T GO. The power of puns compels me.
– One of my music projects, Camelia Road, has its first “big” gig on April 26. We have only ever played 2-3 song sets in the past (for variety shows). This gig requires two 45-minute sets, and while we’re both nervous, we also couldn’t be more excited. We are the entertainment (read: background noise) during cocktails and dessert for Women In Film & Media’s Opal Awards. Barbara Feldon (Agent 99!) is the guest speaker, and the wife of the drummer from Rusted Root is supposed to be there, so at this point I’m certain we’ll be totally famous soon and you’ll be able to purchase our debut album with bonus “Behind the Music” DVD sometime this summer. Probably?
– Have you visited the recently launched Act Classy yet? It’s worth it for the Mike deGrasse Tyson meme alone.
– The NEXT Frankly Scarlett Comedy Hour occurs the Saturday following the Camelia Road gig, April 28, because I have a full time day job AND enough masochistic tendencies to agree to two major commitments within 48 hours of each other. But don’t worry, my only responsibility for Frankly Scarlett is the music and DEAR LORD WHAT HAVE I DONE.
– Srsly, WUT.
– So, 90s Night happened. It was a delightful mix of music, dancing, and people that outweighed the fact that Pittsburgh is still too stupid/stubborn/ass-backwards to completely ban smoking in bars. It wasn’t without weirdness, though. We had formed a circle for dancing and tossed our purses/coats into a pile in the middle of the floor when suddenly, a random dude doing the worm worked his way into the circle, wormed OVER our shrine of belongings, and kept on wormin’ out the other side. Too bad, because I had just taken that machete out of my bag earlier in the day.
– Fallingwater. Last Friday. With two fair ladies. Eff yeah.
So, what have you been up to?
Hey Addi – Thanks so much for the Act Classy plug! Really appreciate it.
Don’t thank me — just keep being hilarious.
You all got your architecture on, and I wasn’t there to bore you with pointless trivia? Oh wait…. ;-).
Glad you had a great time and such a lovely day for it, too.
Did you know they do twilight tours and dinners and stuff? Nang and I are already planning to do that at some point. Might be fun to take a whole group!
don’t tell my GF but i think falling water with Nang would be amazing I MEAN!
we kid. 🙂