Happy first anniversary, Add It Up! My very first blog post was published on September 30, 2011. Thank you for still being here with me, one year later. You guys are the best.
As an anniversary gift to myself, I am delivering roughly 20 minutes of podcasty goodness with friend and comic Eric Donaldson right on up into your ears! And just FYI, this is probs not suitable for the kids due to language and certain content. You do know me, right?
– First podcast! We’re #1!
01:38 Pod Pourri
– Space instruments! Omnichords and Qchords are for cool kids.
– Why am I podcasting a’TALL? (Hitchdied gets a mention!)
– The moment we start talking politics, GarageBand shits the bed. AWKWARD.
07:05 If I Were You
– Hey, Breast Cancer Awareness Facebook Memes? STOP IT.
– Visit www.breastcancer.org AND www.womenheart.org, you dopes.
– Ladies, are you wiping properly?
– I make Eric uncomfortable by forcing him to improvise advice songs, which leads to us ending on a morbid note. WORTH IT.
– I play the outro music too soon. Rookie bullshit!
– Catch Eric at FNI on Friday, October 5! Also: tumblr and twitter!
– See Bait & Switch at FN’Improv on Friday, September 28!
I need to become more comfortable with silence. It is WAY better than hearing “um” and “soooo” a gazillionty times. I AM
SO SORRY. I really do love you all. Hope you’re willing to listen next time, rookie bullshit and all!
Holler at me if you’d like to be a guest in the future, or if you have any topics you’d like me to discuss. I’m also accepting scenarios in which I can provide unwanted advice to someone. I recommend taking screenshots of terrible Facebook posts.
Yay!!! More!!! More!!! More!!! (I said this in real life about the podcast too.)
You are the apple of my eye! Quit it.
1. I love this podcast.
2. Re: the nice stuff you said about me, n’awwww
3. I DEMAND a guest appearance when I am in the States in October.
4. Advice I seek: I am decidedly between sizes in South African footwear, especially because it is hard to find stores that sell half-sizes. What should I do? I assume wearing slightly too big shoes is better than wearing slightly too small shoes? Is there any way to make this more comfortable (other than my current strategy of thick socks, which is quickly becoming weather inappropriate.)?
Yay! So happy you liked it. And YES, let’s please do one when you’re here! I would love that. Great question — I will address it on the show. Perhaps with you present! 🙂
when i was little, my mom told me it was rude to invite myself to things.
nevertheless, i’d like to be a guest on your show, and i actually have a topic in mind. dig it: we both grew up religious and no longer are. i think that’d be interesting to discuss. i don’t know, if you think it might alienate people or something, i get that. still and all, something to think about.
also, on a technical note: it may just be the audio format or the method of recording, but as i was listening to this, all i could think of was you kind of sound like Aisha Tyler. i don’t think you do IRL, it’s just here for some reason. i don’t know. ESD sounded kinda like someone also, but it escapes me. but i’ve always kind of thought that about him. cool deal.
YOU ARE INVITED. Obviously! I would love to talk religion with you, though I do think it’s a topic for down the road a bit. In the meantime, I’d love to have you come on with Joe for some lighter topics, like thrift shopping and music.
That’s funny that you think I sound like Aisha. That’s quite a compliment, at least to me. I do think she has a great speaking voice.
i’ll be happy to come on and talk about what ever topic you want, especially with Joe. he’s the apple of my eye I MEAN…!
I like this. That is all.
So very, very enjoyable, Addi. So good to hear your voice. However, I tried to talk to your voice during the podcast but strangely, you didn’t respond. I felt that I needed to offer my insight, too.
P.S. 9 inches, 5 minutes. Sex is funny.
Hmm, that’s odd. Maybe you should listen a few more times and eventually it’ll kick in…
For real though, thanks for listening. It means a lot to have the ears of old friends around. 🙂
Pingback: HitchDieds in Cape Town Podcast Episode 17 | HitchDied
THIS IS SUPER AWESOME! I love your voice, Eric’s comments are right on – and I personally love the technical difficulties – makes it all seem more grass roots. You guys made me LOLZ several times – love the theme music! Thanks for the actual assistance with women advocacy awareness!
Yay! We worked with the technical problems. It was more just annoying to deal with. Glad we made you laugh. 🙂