Well howdy, y’all. Let’s get personal.
– Had an a cappella gig last night, outdoors at the Green Tree farmer’s market. The weather was perfect, the crowd was lovely, and the group was relaxed and we had a great time. We even debuted “Somebody Told Me” by The Killers and no one passed out from a lack of breath or anything!
– What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think mid-August? Lemme guess: Christmas, right? I KNEW IT! Well you’re in luck, because the rest of the Friendly Beasts and I are working on our next Christmas album as we speak. The only problem is you have to wait until December for it. I know, I know, you’ll already be gearing up for Valentine’s Day then! But I have a feeling this one’ll be another doozy. Hold on to your Santa hats!
– Camelia Road has an event coming up Sunday, August 26 called the Spa 54 Parking Lot Party. We’ll be playing for about 90 minutes starting at noon. Come check out the vendors and grab some food to the sweet sounds of our harmonic voices, yo.
– I don’t look very sporty. If I were the 6th Spice Girl, I’d be called “Portly Spice.” I can’t jump and I don’t run, but you know what? I’m good at volleyball. I have a mean overhand serve and I know how to make a steady pass. I used to play intramural ball in college and even played in a league in Pittsburgh a couple years ago, but I can no longer commit to the weekly schedule that league requires. So what’s a girl to do? Join Meetup.com and immediately find a league to start playing in casually? Don’t mind if I do!
Meetup.com: It’s not just for sexytimes anymore! (Feel free to use that tagline, guys.)
– Keep those questions/topics coming for the podcast! That I might do someday! When I have time! Maybe I should just call it the Potential Podcast. For rill.