My pal Robin over at HitchDied recently made a “What’s in my bag” post after a fellow blogger did the same, so I decided to carry the torch. I will be delighted if more of the other bloggers I know keep it going…
I got this bag a couple years ago at Lane Bryant. Yup, the store for fat chicks. It’s surprisingly durable. The straps show zero sign of wear & tear despite occasionally having my work laptop AND a pair of shoes crammed into this baby. Let’s dive right in, shall we? Watch out for sharp objects!
I tried neatly dumping it out, but it ended up in a big ol’ pile so I organized everything into groupings. Also, I’m lazy and didn’t want to number each item individually. Points for honesty?
Group A: My Face
Before you judge me for being shallow and carrying ALL of the makeup with me, I’ll have you know that it’s
partly mostly completely for running-late-in-the-morning-before-work reasons. So there you go, I’m not shallow! I’m irresponsible/lazy.
Items from top to bottom:
– Revlon hand mirror
– Covergirl lipstick (Spellbound) & Tarte lipgloss (Apple a Day)
– Maybeline Dream Mousse blush #10 (Pink Frosting)
– Black liquid eyeliner (with the label completely rubbed off)
– Benefit mini mascara (Bad Gal Lash)
– Tarte tinted moisturizer (Smooth Operator #00)
Group B: Umbrella-ella-ella
My umbrella gets its own category for one simple reason: I. Hate. Getting. Wet. Well, unexpectedly, anyway. Showers don’t bother me. Come on, I’m not a freak! Just a weirdo who has a little OCD about carrying an umbrella EVERYwhere. Aaaaaaaand now you know how to torture me.
Group C: High Maintenance Hoopla
Alright, this is the part where you get to call me shallow. From left to right:
– Dry shampoo to refresh end-of-day oily hair & add volume (Rockaholic: Dirty Secret)
– Hairspray for my unruly bangs
– Hollywood Fashion Tape to prevent wardrobe malfunctions
– Hand lotion because the soap at work turns my hands to DUST
– Inhaler and Kleenex because I am a snotty, allergy-laden b*tch.
– Lil’ pouch containing nail clippers and tweezers
– Beeman’s gum & Yelp! mints
– Daily pill box I got for free and actually use because I have a condition called PCOS which is regulated by three different pills multiple times a day, one of which is birth control and none of which is aspirin between my knees.
Group D: Scrilla
Did you know “scrilla” is slang for money? Oh, you did? So I’m the only person on earth who just learned that in the last 6 months?
– The black & white item is my Merona clutch wallet from Target. I swear by them because they are compact, practical, and sorta chic.
– The green item containing photos is a checkbook cover Mom gave me. I strongly believe check-writing should be obsolete by now (IT IS 2012), but I also strongly believe that my mom is f*ckin’ adorable. And sadly, I do have to write the occasional check. Barf.
Group E: Stuff I Put On My Head
– Philips headphones. I actually keep these in a sunglasses case in my bag to prevent damage/tangling with the rest of my junk.
– Black headband with black feather flower (the flower is removable — you can get a variety of interchangeable colors/patterns at JoAnn Fabs). I don’t carry this with me all the time, I just happened to wear it yesterday and toss it into my bag at the end of the night because it was hurting my fat head.
So there you have it. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, my phone is not pictured because I typically keep it in a pocket. Or, if I’m being really honest, in my hand.
So, what’s in YOUR bag?